REDMOND, Wash., November 30, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Addressing Shareholders at Microsoft Corp. Annual Meeting Wednesday, the president and chief executive officer Satya nadella highlighted how the company’s growth mindset has propelled innovation and transformation over the past year.
“There is no doubt that the digital transformation of the past year has opened the door to greater opportunities for our customers and for Microsoft. But it has also increased our responsibility in a world where technology must do more to address the pressing challenges we collectively face. ,” noted Satya nadella, chief executive officer of Microsoft.
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Amy hood summarized Microsoft’s strong performance in fiscal 2021 and outlook for the current fiscal year, fueled by accelerating digital transformation and strong, consistent execution. Hood noted that the company’s strong momentum has focused on the growing use of Microsoft’s differentiated cloud offerings and delivering new experiences to consumers.
At the meeting, Microsoft shareholders acted on the following proposals:
- Elected 12 directors until the next annual meeting of shareholders, including the new addition of Carlos Rodriguez. All directors attended the annual meeting of shareholders.
- Approved, on an advisory and non-binding basis, the compensation of the Named Executive Officers of the Company.
- Approved the employee stock purchase plan, to replace the Microsoft employee stock purchase plan approved by shareholders in november 2012.
- Ratification of the selection of Deloitte & Touche LLP as independent auditor of the company for the financial year 2022.
- Rejected a shareholder proposal submitted by Arjuna Capital to prepare a median race and gender gap report, as Microsoft details its commitments and progress in achieving greater diversity and inclusion and ensuring fairness salary in its annual Diversity and Global Inclusion Report.
- Approved a shareholder proposal from Arjuna Capital to prepare a report on company policies on sexual harassment in the workplace. Microsoft is already sharing annual data with employees on the volume of sexual harassment issues raised and the results of harassment investigations, and has adopted plans to begin publishing annual public reports.
- Rejected a proposal from Harrington Investments regarding sales of facial recognition technology because it does not take into account Microsoft’s many public commitments and disclosures on the subject.
- Rejected a proposal from NorthStar Asset Management to prepare a report on Microsoft’s commitment to the Fair Chance Business Pledge, as the company has put in place many steps to effectively implement The Pledge and has already put in place several protective measures to protect applicants.
- Rejected a proposal submitted by the Congregation of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Peace and others to prepare a report on the company’s lobbying activities because Microsoft is committed to a thoughtful approach that has been recognized for its leading practices, including the publication of an annual report on its political action committees.
The results will be reported in a Form 8-K which will be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Microsoft’s board of directors is made up of Reid hoffman, general partner at Greylock Partners; Hugh johnston, vice president and chief financial officer of PepsiCo; Teri’s List, former executive vice president and chief financial officer of Gap Inc .; Satya nadella, president and chief executive officer of Microsoft; Sandra E. Peterson, operating partner of Clayton, Dubilier & Riz; Penny pritzker, founder and president of PSP Partners; Carlos Rodriguez, President and CEO of ADP; Charles W. Scharf, President and CEO of Wells Fargo & Company; John W. Stanton, president of Trilogy Partnerships; John W. Thompson, Senior Independent Director of Microsoft; Emma Walmsley, CEO of GlaxoSmithKline; and Padmasree Warrior, Founder, President and CEO, Fable Group Inc.
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) enables digital transformation in the age of a smart cloud and smart edge. Its mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to do more.
SOURCE Microsoft Corp.