HONG KONG SAR – Media OutReach – October 10, 2022 – Digital transformation is imperative for all organizations in Hong Kong, large and small. Today at Microsoft Envision Hong Kong 2022, Microsoft revealed four future technology trends that will be central to the company’s success – industrial metavers, Data and AI, cyber security and Sustainability – plus new use cases that demonstrate how Microsoft Cloud solutions help customers solve problems and do more with less.
With “Igniting Endless Possibilities” As the theme of this year’s Envision event, the four trends most important to C-suites and critical to business success include:
1. Industrial Metaverse: Enabling organizations to innovate in their business operations and set new quality standards with IoT, digital twins and mixed reality.
– Microsoft’s Industrial Metaverse is a set of intelligent cloud and intelligent edge capabilities that work together, enabling traditional manufacturing to gain factory visibility and insights anywhere, anytime. At their core is Azure IoT, which enables organizations to connect physical assets and run cloud intelligence – and Azure Digital Twins, which offers the ability to model anything physical or logical, simple devices or products. to complex environments.
2. Data and AI: Enable organizations to transform their business models and customer experience by making data analytics and AI an integral part of their digital transformation journey.
– With increased investment in AI accelerating digital transformation amid the pandemic, more businesses have realized the importance of data analytics and automation to their businesses. daily operations. Applied AI powers intelligent automation of Microsoft enterprise products and services, including translating plain language requests into Power Automate cloud flows, expanding conversational intelligence into Teams, and delivering an experience seamless workflow for salespeople and CRM through the use of Dynamics 365 Sales.
3. cyber security: Protect organizations end-to-end by providing comprehensive security, compliance, identity, device and data management protection.
– The future of cybersecurity will be a collective effort that will involve examining where technology and human expertise are going, as well as why creating a more inclusive and diverse security workforce, especially with the growth of the decentralized enterprise (or remote workers). From Microsoft Defender for cloud, endpoint, or Office 365 to risk management and compliance solutions like Microsoft Purview, enterprises are looking for a comprehensive end-to-end, best-in-class, AI-powered security strategy .
4. Sustainability: Embrace sustainability through unified data and automation, enabling organizations to record, report and reduce environmental impact.
– To create sustainable value chains to reduce environmental impact and carbon footprint, many companies are looking for ways to migrate their infrastructure and workloads to the cloud, which helps strengthen the hybrid way of working and ultimately reduce their carbon footprint. Wherever businesses are on the path to net zero, Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability empowers businesses to have a positive environmental impact through unified data intelligence and greater visibility.
“As we look back at our achievements and impact in Hong Kong over three decades, we marvel at the evolution of technology – from Windows to Teams, from cloud to security, to AI and more. We have created more than 54,000 jobs within our ecosystem and nearly 2,700 local partners who use Microsoft cloud technologies for their business,” said Cally Chan, General Manager of Microsoft Hong Kong and Macau. “Together with our partners, we are going beyond digital transformation to address the digital imperative for every organization and across all industries in Hong Kong. As we come together for another exciting Microsoft Envision Hong Kong event, we hope inspiring businesses, startups, and individuals to embrace new ideas, new innovations, and discover new business opportunities in a time of transformation.We look forward to working with our partners, customers, and startups to do more with less.
Enable local startups to unleash their full potential
To support the local startup community, this year’s Microsoft Envision introduced a Boot launch session for the very first time. The session showcased six emerging Hong Kong start-ups that have developed innovative solutions and business models in the fields of smart city, RegTech, FinTech and digital commerce.
Kelvin Tse, Director, Global Partner Solutions, Microsoft Hong Kong said, “Building a strong alliance with our partners is one of Microsoft’s greatest successes in enabling local organizations to thrive. We always strive to be the best partner for our partners, not only for industry leaders, but our goal is also to be a trusted partner. to startups, leading them to enter the market. Microsoft Hong Kong has now helped over 2,000 startups through different programs. We invited six local startups to share their success stories so other companies and founders can also see how Microsoft technologies can help Hong Kong and beyond. Microsoft will continue to support and advance the startup community and strengthen the city’s status as an international center for innovation and technology.
More than 860 executives, business leaders and IT professionals from the food and beverage, finance, travel, real estate, telecommunications, healthcare and professional services industries have registered the event. In addition to keynotes and panel discussions, Microsoft Envision Hong Kong 2022 added:
– 23 partner showcases and solution stands
– 6 startup pitch sessions
– 8 small group sessions with partners
– 9 workshops and technical workshops
Throughout the various sessions, partners, customers and startups shared their success stories, including how innovative technologies have enabled them to transform traditional business operations, the use of data and AI to create new models. businesses, the need to prioritize end-to-end cybersecurity, and their efforts in sustainability through the use of data and automation.
Hashtag: #Microsoft #MicrosoftEnvisionHongKong2022
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) is enabling digital transformation in the era of intelligent cloud and intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.