Five percent of PC users are now running Windows 11, Microsoft is forcing PC Health Check to be installed in Windows 10

0

The big picture: Despite a launch surrounded by several notable issues, just over five percent of PC users have now installed Windows 11. To help increase the install base, Microsoft reportedly used the rather unconventional method of force installing the PC. Health Check on Windows 10 devices.

AdDuplex, the largest cross-promotion network for Windows Store apps and games, interrogates around 60,000 systems running Windows 10 or 11. After the October release, the study showed that the latest Windows overhaul hit 4.8% of “modern PCs.” Windows insiders running beta versions of Windows 11 made up the remaining 0.3 percent of the user base, bringing the overall figure to 5.1 percent.

The survey also shows that most systems are still running different versions of the predecessor of Windows 11. Windows 10 version M21U (21H1) is found on 37.6% of PCs, while Windows 10 O20U (20H2) is installed on 34. % of systems. Overall, over 90% of Windows 10/11 PCs are now using the 2020-2021 versions of the operating system.

Microsoft’s recent deployment of the operating system to older devices contributes to the adoption rate of Windows 11. The Redmond giant mainly offered the initial launch to new PCs last month.

“The availability of Windows 11 has been increased and we are leveraging our next-generation machine learning model to offer the upgrade to an expanded set of eligible devices,” the tech giant said. detailed. “We will continue to train our machine learning model throughout the incremental rollout to provide a smooth upgrade experience. “

In addition, Microsoft has started force-installation the PC Health Check app on devices running Windows 10. The tool assesses whether a system is eligible for an upgrade to Windows 11, but BleepingComputer notes that users have reported that their computers have reinstalled the app, despite several uninstalls.

Either way, the next version 21H2 of Windows 10 coming out this month should give us a better idea of ​​how many users are ready to migrate to Windows 11.

As the adoption rate of Windows 11 grows, controversial system requirements may ultimately impact these advancements. In particular, Microsoft’s decision to integrate the need for TPM 2.0 was greeted hard. However, users can bypass it in a matter of minutes. And when there is a will, there is a way: An enthusiast recently managed to run Windows 11 on a single-core Intel Pentium 4 chip from 15 years ago.

Image credit: AdDuplex


Source link

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.